Summary/ObjectivePacketSled SEs are the tip of the spear in sharing our platform with prospects, customers and partners. Primarily, the SE lead provides pre-sales technical support for PacketSled customers; uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations; and leads product demonstrations, evaluations and Proof of Concepts (POCs).
SEs partner with sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product demonstrations to demonstrate business value for the customer. If you create detailed design and implementation specifications for prospective customers, as well as find their pain and synthesize how to solve it, then PacketSled is for you.
Knowledge of Cloud, IaaS, or on-premise deployment models will enable you to chart any territory. If you have built custom demonstrations or deployed multiple POC environments based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of a software platform, then you will have the experience to impact product and solve problems based on their importance to the customer, and to PacketSled. These solutions may often require rapid prototyping and/or product demo for clients and partners. As a trusted advisor, you will provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation, including training and education. We put customer success first, this should be something that drives you at the core.
Candidates Who Fit this DescriptionPacketSled SEs should also have broad general knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, architectures and workflows commonly used in today’s security operations as a customer advisor and advocate for PacketSled. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customers’ technical staff. Successful SEs bring the right balance of sales EQ and soft skills with technical acumen and the best time to apply each.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical security software sales and knowledge of technology. You should be comfortable driving in a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally through emails, RFPs, customer-driven deliverables and enablement materials. You need to be organized and analytical — and be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Become the technical advisor and advocate for PacketSled products for the assigned sales team and region.
- Become proficient with PacketSled technology, features, solutions, applications and be able to articulate PacketSled technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Identify all customer technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Demonstrate PacketSled products and services to customers and present our value proposition to customers and partners.
- Support pilot and proof of concept installations by defining scope, qualifying requirements, installing and configuring PacketSled and ensuring customer success.
- Represent PacketSled at Marketing Events, conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Shape sales pitches, feedback product and overall drive sales towards customer success.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to security and IT organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with Security management solutions, products and services.
- In-depth knowledge of network visibility market; individual must obtain an Industry or Technical Certification (i.e. GIAC certifications, GCIH/GCIA specifically, CISSP, CEH).
- Experience with networking, incident handling, traffic analysis, SIEMs and SOC operations a must.
- Have experience with log management, alerting, reporting and response capabilities.
- Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise in one of the following: Threat Intelligence, security analytics, Incident Response and/or Digital Forensics, or compliance/audit is desirable.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass background checks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.