Lead DevOps Engineer
A Development Operations Manager for Platform will lead the team of DevOps engineers and also lead a separate cross-functional virtual sustainment team for our platform. This person is responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining the company’s customer-facing production and cloud platform environments. This includes planning, implementing, and supporting solutions for real-time applications delivered worldwide on a 24×7 basis with high-availability. Once delivery maturity has been reached, this leader participates with developers, testers, program managers, system architects, and operations engineers for maintenance and sustainment operations. The DevOps lead and team are key stakeholders for and participants in all design and development activities for the Platform, identifying features and contributing to the development of the product’s definition as much as any other team.
Candidates Who Fit this Description
- Previous experience as a DevOps lead or Software Engineering Manager is critical
- Expert at Cloud security planning and provisioning, including deep experience and first-hand management of PII/PCI compliant deployments. Designed a cloud security model for their cloud deployments and been the primary operator for that product would be what we need, including controls frameworks.
- Must bring experience with Ansible, Saltstack, Mesos, Jenkins, Splunk
- Multi-tenancy, scalability, capacity, security and privacy of our platform architecture.
- Strong software development background, leads by example; authoritative expert on cloud operations and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver great products.
Successful Skills and Experience
- Self-starter, and peer leadership experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience with AWS products and services to drive architectural, security, or cost-savings discussions.
- Hands-on knowledge or experience of common DevOps tools.
- Expert in micro services and have Kafka, Cassandra and Spark working knowledge and experience. This must be direct and hands-on with significant commercial deployments including understanding Multi-tenancy/Security/Privacy
- Candidate must have micro service architecture security and privacy practices individual contributor experience.
- Candidate must have deployed and operated multi-tenanted solutions with a deep understanding of the complexities in building and sustain such an architecture.
- Small company or dynamic growth company experience too: New team members that have worked with larger companies and have experience managing complexity through process is great, yet it’s highly valuable to have experience working in smaller firms. At larger ones, you can rely on specialist teams (such as Information Security) or enterprise-level support contracts with third party companies to fall back on and small ones it’s not as resource abundant.
- Management experience developing policies (i.e. change management, incident management, etc.)
- Monitoring experience using and building with Splunk
- Regulatory/compliance for required environments and dealing with all of the responsibilities and requirements for controls frameworks and audit
Essential Functions/Job Requirements
- Manage the support and monitoring of the production environments by DevOps staff.
- Ensure the continual and reliable functioning of cloud platforms.
- Manage 24×7 technical support for the cloud platforms.
- Guide your team, IT and Development in selecting the tools needed to best support the Cloud Platforms.
- Scrum and lead all aspects of engineering for virtual sustainment team for cloud platforms.
- Conduct capacity and security modeling.
- Recruit, hire, mentor and train exceptional DevOps staff.
- Lead in the strategic planning for all operational cloud platform features.
- Participate strategically in setting the direction of cloud platform products.
- Implement policies and procedure for DevOps, including disaster recovery.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team and contribute to the identification of features for the product backlogs.
- Linux/Windows Administration/System Management/Automation
- Must have Amazon AWS DevOps certification
- Advanced networking topologies, protocols, infrastructure and networking architectures.
- Software Packaging Tools (RPM etc.)
- Hands on Experience Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- 8+ years of experience in DevOps role
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent team player, creative, self-motivated, has a positive attitude and a strong desire for continued personal growth.
- US Citizenship Required
- Security Clearance not required
- A Background Check will be performed