Location: San Diego, CA or San Francisco Bay Area
- Deep understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP L3-L7), and their attributes.
- History of security vulnerability research and development, including but not limited to:
- Open Source Intelligence Gathering (OSINT)
- Exploit development and analysis for services, applications, hosts.
- Creation and analysis of malicious payloads
- Traffic analysis (pcaps, real-time) and generation (BreakingPoint, etc)
- Familiarity with distributed systems, deep packet inspection and analysis.
- History of security incident actor attribution and identification.
- Network forensics practices
- Attack, penetration, and state maintenance techniques and tools.
- Behavioral analysis of botnets and unknown threats.
- Rich experience in linux environments – Gentoo, CentOS/RH, other distros including purpose built kernels.
- Experience with non-relational databases like mongoDB, hadoop, etc.
- A background in network probe development, IDS development, or other packet capture and analysis products.
- History as a fulltime coder in C, ruby, python.
- Debugging / decompilation and static analysis of known bad binaries.
- History with IDS / IPS / Other products that ingest network.
PacketSled performs capture, translation, normalization, and sharing of data in one integrated solution. We combine fast search, scalable storage, and intuitive visual analysis to provide the ultimate cyber defense solution.
Culture: Work should be fun and interesting. We believe that what we’re doing is game changing, and we want you to be able to brag about the cool stuff you’re working on by keeping you in front of the most interesting, difficult problems. We have a lot of individual contributors, but also try to foster a strong sense of team. Applicants should expect a lot of flexibility on work schedule, tempered with a high degree of focus on committed deadlines for projects. We are hardcore.
Apply to: email@example.com